Wednesday 4th July 2012
World renowned faculty includes:
- John Kellum
- Dileep Lobo
- John Myburgh
- Tim Miller
- Monty Mythen
- Rupert Pearse
- The Endothelial Glycocalyx and fluid kinetics - was Starling wrong?
- Peri-operative fluid balance, “maintenance –vs-replacement-vs resuscitation”
- Fluid management in critical illness: “early vs later vs late”. Theories and practice
- Current views on peri-operative “optimization” vs “enhanced recovery”
- Fluid resuscitation, acid-base balance, and risk for AKI in critically ill patients —a ten-year retrospective.
- Treating pre-operative Anaemia – REAL optimization
- The CHEST study (a randomized controlled trial of 0.9% Sodium Chloride vs HES 130/0.4 in saline for resuscitation in 7,000 critically ill patients in Australia and new Zealand)
This House Believes: The Great Fluid Debate:
- Saline should only be used for carefully selected cases
- Colloids – do we need them?